Wisma Putra: No Malaysian victims involved in recent Bandung bomb attack
PETALING JAYA: No Malaysian victims were reportedly involved in the bomb attack in Indonesia, says the Foreign Ministry.
Wisma Putra also said that it condemned the suicide bomb attack involving a police station in West Java early Wednesday (Dec 7) morning.
“Malaysia strongly condemns the suicide bomb attack that took place at the police station in West Java, Indonesia at 8.20am, Dec 7.
“This attack reportedly resulted in the death of the bomber and a policeman while seven other policemen were injured.
“Malaysia hopes that the perpetrators behind this attack will be brought to justice,” it said in a statement on Wednesday (Dec 7).
The ministry also expressed its condolences to the Indonesian government and the families of the victims involved in the attack.
“Malaysia also prays for the injured victims to recover soon,” it added.
For Malaysians who need consular assistance, they can contact the embassy in Jakarta at +62 21 5224947 (general inquiries) and +62 813 8081 3036 (emergencies); or email at [email protected].
Earlier on Wednesday, Indonesian police said that there were no indications yet of any possible motive for the attack.
The blast occurred at about 8.20am local time during roll call at the Astana Anyar police office in Bandung, the capital of Indonesia’s most populous province.
The bomb attack in Indonesia was the third in South-East Asia this week after two blasts that took place at a railway in Southern Thailand, near Malaysian borders.
The first attack on Saturday (Dec 3) derailed a freight train towards Padang Besar, Perlis resulting in seven people being wounded.
On Tuesday (Dec 6) another bomb blast in the same area killed three railway workers.
#Wisma #Putra #Malaysian #victims #involved #Bandung #bomb #attack